Job Title: Accounts Assistant (2 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Director
Law Development Centre (LDC) will provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reforms, produce legal publications, teaching materials and law reports, and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will support the Accountant in ensuring proper financial management and accountability for the available resources at the Study Centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To process payments.
- To provide safe custody of all cash, cheques, and the cheque books.
- To prepare periodical analysis of key information relating to cash management to help in decision making process.
- To prepare and remit to relevant authorities’ statutory provisions regarding taxes, social security lists.
- To participate and contribute to the budget preparation process.
- To participate in the preparation of Final Accounts.
- To issue bank slips.
- To receive all revenues and issue receipts.
- To facilitate audits by ensuring that all documents requested for are available.
- To maintain records of debtors of the Study Centre.
- To prepare bank reconciliation for the given bank accounts.
- To reconcile items sold with cash received from the bookshop on a weekly basis.
- To file all documents in the Study Centre correctly to facilitate easy retrieval.
- Perform any other tasks as shall be assigned from time to time by the Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Uganda Advance Certificate of Education with at least two principal passes.
- Diploma in Business Administration or Business studies (Accounting option) from a recognized institution.
- Two years of practical working experience in financial management or related accounting duties in a busy public or private reputable organization.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Time management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Should be computer literate.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications clearly indicating campus of choice should be addressed to The Head, Human Resource & Administration, Law Development Centre, P. O. Box 7117 Kampala and may be: submitted by email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered to the LDC Reception at either the Kampala Campus or Mbarara Campus. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of academic documents and any other relevant documents that will support their application. For applications by email, applicants should submit scanned copies of the application and supporting documents.
Deadline: 18th September 2020 by 5:00pm
Related Jobs (12)
Regional Finance and Administration Manager for East and Southern Africa on October 15, 2020 Full Time
Principal Accountant Job at The Financial Reporting Centre on September 8, 2020 Full Time