Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (3 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: IntraHealth International
Duty Station: Uganda
IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. that has been in existence for over 30 years in more than 100 countries and it has empowered health workers to better serve communities in need. IntraHealth fosters local solutions to health care challenges by improving health worker performance, strengthening health systems, harnessing technology, and leveraging partnerships. In collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, and private- sector organizations around the world, IntraHealth champions the needs and contributions of health workers—from doctors and nurses to community health workers to health facility managers—and works to ensure they have the tools, supplies, information, training, and support they need to provide communities they serve with the best possible opportunity for health and well-being.
The purpose of the District Health Systems Strengthening on RMNCAH, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition in Karamoja project funded by UNICEF-Uganda and implemented by IntraHealth International is to use a health system strengthening approach to address the availability of quality RMNCAH, HIV/AIDS, and nutrition services in Karamoja. The project will be implemented in the districts of Karamoja and in full alignment with the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC), UNICEF’s Rolling Work Plan, and the relevant Government of Uganda national policies and guidelines. The project will work at the district, facility and community level to improve planning, coordination, data use, accountability, quality of care, continuous quality improvement, and integrated service delivery.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will serve as important members of the RHITES-E Project’s M&E unit and will be responsible for data collection within the districts to which s/he is assigned. S/he will support quality data collection, compilation, analyses and reporting at the district, facility and community levels. S/he will participate in the implementation and maintenance of the RHITES-E Project’s M&E system that excels in capturing and reporting project progress in achieving outcomes and results. The M&E Officer will report to the M&E Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the assigned districts in results reporting, data utilization for program decision-making and knowledge management.
- Provide routine data collection and data quality assurance at the facility and community level in the districts to which he/she is assigned.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the project’s as well as district level M&E performance monitoring plan to effectively track project and district activities, outcomes, and results.
- Together with RHITES-E technical teams, develop and operationalize a schedule for monthly facility and district level monitoring visits to review status in service delivery, data collection and reporting in order to identify gaps, areas of support and mentorship.
- Work with counterparts at the facilities and sub grantees to continually build their capacity in the areas of data management and data usage.
- Provide technical support to facility and district health records personnel.
- Lead in the active audit of both paper M&E tools and electronic medical records for data quality assurance.
- Analyze project quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project tools and databases to capture relevant data on key indicators.
- Conduct periodic routine data quality assessments and implement corrective actions to address gaps identified.
- Participate in writing regular, timely progress reports of district-level project activities and results for USAID and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results to inform project operations and share lessons learned.
- Remain abreast of developments in the M&E field, particularly with respect to HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH, family planning and HSS.
- Identify training and development requirements and develop plans to ensure that these are met as appropriate by RHITES-E staff as well as district and facility-level staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the IntraHealth Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, statistics or related discipline in M&E, Informatics, and Demography; a Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Three years for Masters and 5 years for bachelor’s degree of relevant experience of implementing monitoring and evaluation of formal and informal health and social supporting systems; and community program activities
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the activity interventions and support activity supervision.
- Must possess a firm command of M&E issues in one of the following technical areas: HIV/TB indicators, MNCH/FP indicators and HSS.
- Work experience M&E USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office especially Excel.
- Knowledge of statistical package e.g. EPI-Info, SPSS and R is an added advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join IntraHealth International in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Related Jobs (4)
Programmes Coordinator NGO Careers – Hope Worldwide International Uganda on February 17, 2020