Job Title: Administration & Human Resource
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Duty Station: Yumbe, Uganda
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest non-governmental aid and development agencies in Germany. The objective of the program in Uganda is to improve livelihoods of the most vulnerable population in rural areas through interventions that increase their Food and Nutrition Security, improve sustainable access to WASH services and support the employability of youth through vocational and life skills training. We understand that livelihoods of the rural population in Uganda have improved in a sustainable way when people are able to meet their basic food needs, have access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation, live in a healthy environment and take up opportunities to earn and diversify a decent income.
In Uganda, Welthungerhilfe currently operates in the districts of Arua, Yumbe, Moroto, Nakapiripirit, Napak, Amudat, Fortportal, Katakwi, Amuria, Mukono, Wakiso and country office in Kampala.
Welthungerhilfe is anticipating funding from BMZ to implement the project: “Cross-border strengthening of the resilience of South Sudanese refugees and their host and return communities in Uganda and South Sudan” in Yumbe district.
Duration: The initial contract will be for 12 months with possibility of extension to 3 years
Vacancies in the Project: Welthungerhilfe is looking for dynamic and team oriented staff who can work independently and contribute to further improving the quality of the Project. The successful candidates will be based in the Welthungerhilfe – Yumbe Project Office in
Yumbe Town. The positions are to be filled by September 01, 2020.
- Ensure a smooth and efficient running of office routines at the project Office
- To manage Welthungerhilfe’s personnel administration and to provide respective services to internal customers
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support employment recruitment and coordinate on-boarding of new positions
- Prepare Welthungerhilfe standard employment contracts, Job descriptions for National personnel and for Consultants according to specifications in the service request
- Support the process ensuring staff and their supervisors have set performance targets at the beginning of the year or beginning of one’s contract with clear KPIs
- Management of personnel administration at Project Office (personnel files, pay roll and leave coordination
- Support in the identification and analysis of staff development and capacity building through follow up of staff capacity needs from the employee dialogue and provide linkages to training opportunities
- Ensure compliance of national law for HR issues
- Organize the office in the most efficient way in order to have a good work environment and an optimization of office spaces
- Manage Front Desk and handle internal & external communication,
- Coordination with various service providers for office utilities and services
- Management of support staff (guards, maintenance staff and office assistants) working for the Project Office as well as casual workers
- Act as IT focal point, to coordinate with IT department Kampala office to ensure proper IT functions within the office
- Assist the Logistician in any communication with drivers
- Report all security relevant issues and information to management
- Coordination of the preparation of meetings, workshops, events, etc
- Organization of transportation and accommodation for visitors from different countries (Head office, journalists, donors, Welthungerhilfe staff)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in Office Administration, Business Administration or Human Resource Management. An equivalent, from an accredited institution, is essential.
- 3 years of INGO working experience in a similar role
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Proficient in use of MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and training skills for a cross cultural work environment
- Proven previous experience in Managing performance is desired
- Experience in IT related functions is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills for a cross-cultural work environment
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should submit via email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages) containing contact details and telephone numbers of 3 work related reference persons to firstname.lastname@example.org Files should be submitted in single email with standard file types like MS Word(.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and should not exceed 2MB.
Please indicate the position for which you are applying for in the subject line of your E-mail. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job applicant’s privacy notice: All the information you provide during the process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties outside of this purpose.
Deadline: 12th August 2020 at 5:00 pm
Related Jobs (20)
Regional HR Coordinator Non-profit Jobs – Baylor-Uganda on September 9, 2020 Full Time
Agribusiness Officer Jobs – Fauna & Flora International on September 9, 2020 Full Time
2 Fresher Accounts Assistant Job Opportunities – Law Development Centre (LDC) on September 9, 2020 Full Time