Job Title: Construction Manager – Sanitation for Health Activity
Organisation: Tetra Tech International Services
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tetra Tech International Services is implementing the USAID-funded Uganda Sanitation for Health Activity. The project works to increase household access to sanitation and water services and improved health through hygiene behavior change campaigns in homes, schools and health facilities in up to 25 districts in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Construction Manager – Sanitation for Health Activity job must hold a BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a comparable discipline.
- Ten years of relevant experience; previous experience on USAID projects preferred.
- Experience managing a team/program independently including managing staff and project tasks.
- Experience in development and rehabilitation of rural WASH sanitary and water supply systems.
- Construction management expertise, demonstrable communication, problem solving and management skills.
- Experience preparing and conducting reviews of designs, specifications, and procurement documents.
- Certification by ERB is desirable but not mandatory.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of FIDIC Contract documents is desirable.
- Knowledge of applicable engineering and, building codes and standards.
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Applicants with previous USAID experience are encouraged to apply.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender are essential requirements.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted to Jobs@Uganda-sanitation.org with the subject “Construction Manager – Sanitation for Health Activity.” Qualified candidates should provide their current curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter, and 3 professional references. Short-listed candidates who meet the job profile credentials will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience and established salary history.
Deadline: 11th June 2019
Experience8 Years +