Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Sense International Uganda (SIU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Gross salary: Ugx 950,000-1,200,000 depending on the level of education and experience, Medical Insurance
Sense International Uganda (SIU) was established in 2005 and registered as a local NGO in
- SIU is part of Sense International, a UK registered Non-Government global
organization that supports people with deafblindness and complex sensory impairments
across a range of, often resource poor, countries including; India, Bangladesh, Kenya,
Uganda, Tanzania, Peru, Nepal and Romania.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the day to day running of all the administrative functions in the office. She/he will perform a wide range of administrative duties while working closely with the Finance and Administration Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as a receptionist; greeting and directing visitors and providing them with relevant and accurate information.
- Handling office telephone calls and making communications to the person responsible.
- Distributing incoming mail, including opening and reviewing mail, date-stamping, and directing appropriately.
- Overseeing overall office cleanliness and maintenance, including all office utensils and equipment as well as conducting minor office repairs.
- Performing secretarial and clerical duties such as -typing, minute taking, filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning, and taking messages.
- Maintaining the filing system and ensuring the security and confidentiality of organizational files and information
- Ensuring that all documents are properly labelled and filed, including all finance files.
- Managing office consumables, including stationary, and monitoring their effective usage. Maintain an inventory register for all office inventories.
- Ordering supplies, maintaining office supply stock and making follow-ups of issued Local purchase orders as required, ensuring all employees are notified when supplies may be requisitioned and delivered.
- Organize and maintain office hygiene to a required office standard.
- Assisting employees in the scheduling and planning of meetings/conferences and business travel by booking accommodation and making reservations as required
- Prepare office tea/meals as may be necessary especially when meetings are held.
- Receiving all necessary documents including staff requisitions and accountabilities, sort them and ensure that they are attached to the respective files after getting clarification from the Finance and Administrative Manager
- Receiving invoices from suppliers, recording them, and following up to ensure that suppliers are paid.
- Issuing cheques to suppliers after verification and approval from the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM).
- Preparing petty cash payments after duly approved requisitions and authorization from the FAM
- Making bank payments as appropriate and ensuring that slips are delivered to FAM for proper filing.
- Ensuring that all finance files are stamped PAID for Payment vouchers(PV’s) and POSTED for Journal vouchers(PV’s)when filling vouchers
- Act as a bank agent to the organization’s account.
- Support in any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a higher diploma or associate degree from a recognized institution, preferably in Business Administration / Secretarial studies.
- A minimum of two years of proven experience as Administrative Assistant or in any other relevant administrative role and having Working knowledge of office equipment and Finance related work.
- Understanding and being able to execute the basic principles of bookkeeping.
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving.
- Warm personality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- A commitment to Sense International Uganda’s mission.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads.
- A positive and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the organisation’s values.
- High standards of personal integrity, honesty, and discretion.
Sense International Uganda is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
All candidates should email your covering letter (maximum 2pages) and current CV to the Finance and Administration Manager-Uganda: email@example.com. Please include ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in the subject line of your email. Your covering letter must include:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- How you think your experience and skills match the job description?
- List your current and expected salary/benefits
- Your day-time contact number
- Available start date
Deadline: 10th July 2020
Related Jobs (15)
Nafasi 34 za Kazi RUWASA Bukoba on August 6, 2020
2 Job Opportunities at DEN Consult Limited, Business Analysts on August 6, 2020 Full Time
Fresher Admin Certificate World Bank Jobs – Receptionist on August 3, 2020 Full Time