Job Title: Head of Business & Institutional Banking
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd (PBU), is a 100% Government owned Bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. PostBank’s strategic direction is to be the financial institution of choice for the mass market with specific emphasis on players in the micro, small and medium size enterprises (MSME’s), and also along the agriculture value chain.
Job Summary: The Head of Business & Institutional Banking will lead the transformation agenda of PostBank towards a modern digitised bank. The role holder will therefore be accountable for leading the banks innovation process and leading the development of new and optimising of existing information systems and technologies that will drive service delivery to PostBank’s customers.
- Work with the COO/ED and appropriate business and operational functions on developing the Bank’s Business Technology (BT) strategy and plan, ensuring that it aligns with and supports the banks strategic and operational plan.
- Lead the project management and implementation of major change initiatives by coordinating the responsible departments to ensure smooth implementation
- Be the centre of expertise for innovation, development and implementation activities in all domains of the bank (client facing, Digital Strategy, Operations, Regulatory Implementations)
- Continuously review processes, driven by Lean and Agile ways of working to ensure that all bank processes are optimised, initiating changes to enhance innovation and commercial drive
- Coordinate and control all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information and operations systems for the bank. Provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Evaluate systems to measure their success
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering Business & Institutional Banking business growth plan, including the development of budgets, and providing quarterly updates, execution, revisions and modifications to the Plan.
- Develop, execute and manage the Business & Institutional Banking strategy and tactical business plan, taking into account the market opportunity/growth potential, competitor activity, existing capabilities and risk appetite.
- Agree target market selection and customer propositions within the strategy.
- Work with the head of products to devise and agree product and sales mix;
- Define measurable business growth objectives, management processes and measures.
- Define and develop a service-based sales culture.
- Responsibility for strategic management, business development and profitability of applicable business segments across the Country.
- Recognize and reward sales performers in line with the approved rates.
- Provide supervisory leadership to a team of relationship managers to ensure that they delivery on their respective sales targets.
- Conduct regular sales meetings in order to address goals and progress to date and a review of individual performance among others.
- Responsible for delivering effective people management processes for the team of relationship managers including performance management, talent management, training and staff career development and succession planning
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Business degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management or any relevant field
- Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- At least years’ experience in a Banking environment with at least 4 years in the relationship management function
- Business Development Skills, Customer service skills, Relationship/People
- Management Skills, Negotiation Skills, Leadership skills, Marketing, Selling and Strong Credit analysis skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send your resume and certified copies of your academic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 10th July 2020