Job Title: National Office Accountant
Organisation: Ayuda en Accion
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Founded in 1981, Ayuda en Accion is an international NGO that operates in more than 20 countries of Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe. Ayuda en Accion is committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that cause inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. Ayuda en Accion has been in Uganda for over 20 years and is now in the process of establishing itself stronger, in order to expand impact by creating more partnerships and work projects implemented through partners as well as direct implementation.
Job Summary: Ayuda en Accion is recruiting experienced candidates to support the Administration and Finance Department, being responsible for the accountancy of the Ugandan National Programme while ensuring compliance to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards (IFRS); ensuring the good management and use of the financial, human, material and technological resources available, complying to the applicable regulations; supporting other operational areas of the organization, partners, communities, public institutions and other relevant actors to achieve the organization’s objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post daily financial transactions (cash and banks) in the accounting system ensuring their compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) and the Spanish general accounting plan;
- Maintain and update archives of all administrative documentation in hard & soft copies;
- Follow-up accountabilities on all funds disbursed to staff to ensure timely liquidation of advance funds;
- Petty cash payments management and monthly cash reconciliation;
- Timely Prepare payments to suppliers and submit them for approval;
- Assure compliance with legal, accounting and tax local regulations;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial & accounting reports in accordance with the established guidelines and deadlines;
- Monitor the financial execution in order to identify and correct budgetary deviations in a timely manner for an effective contribution to the Ayuda en Accion objectives;
- Management and control of the cash positions ensuring adequate liquidity levels at all times for Ayuda en Accion project’s implementation and perform monthly bank reconciliations;
- Ensure compliance with Tax obligations: prepare URA, local taxes & NSSF forms and payments;
- Support in the management of the human resources area: timely preparation of accurate payrolls, maintain and update personnel information records, etc;
- Support procurement procedures and assure inventory control, in accordance with the internal regulations established by the organization and donors;
- Follow up on external/internal audits, accounting and projects’ execution processes;
- Monitor and perform comprehensive evaluations within of the control of the accounting, tax and financial management, developing and guaranteeing the sustainability of the processes carried out;
- Enhance the implementation of best practices and internal control mechanisms in the resources management;
- Perform any other duties as may be requested or assigned by the National Administrator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have completed University studies in Finance/Accounting or related. Valued: Chartered Accountant
- At least five years of experience in a comparable position, preferably in an INGO setting;
- High skills in office software (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.);
- High skills in financial ERP (knowledge of SAP ERP will be a plus);
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written);
- Availability to travel within the field programme area;
- Proficiency in labour, accountancy and tax legislation in force.
Qualities and key skills
- Problem solving and innovation;
- Results orientation;
- Pro Active, fast learner, cooperative and organized behavior.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should register in the link as follows:
Deadline: 26th July 2020