Job Title: Supply Chain Management Specialist (Logistics/Assets/HSSE)
Organisation: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Code: VA/2021/B5001/21560
Reports to: Head of Support Services
About UNOPS: United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)’ mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system and its partners to implement peace building, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, UNOPS vision is to always satisfy partners with management services that meet world-class standards of quality, speed and cost effectiveness. By assisting UN organizations, international financial institutions, governments and other development partners, UNOPS makes significant, tangible contributions to results on the ground. Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Head of Support Services (HoSS) and in collaboration with the Procurement Officer, the Supply Chain Management Specialist (SCMS) will be responsible for effective delivery of assets management, logistics in order to obtain the best value for money. The incumbent shall also facilitate compliance with UNOPS Health, Safety, Social and Environmental (HSSE) systems and provide advice on preventive measures needed in order to minimize harm resulting from various hazards. The incumbent will be required to travel frequently to provide support to all the projects supported by ESO currently these include but are not limited to UNMAS DRC, UNMAS South Sudan and UNMAS Abyei (Sudan/South Sudan) within the Mission’s Area of Operation (AoO).
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Logistics and Health, Safety, Social and Environmental (HSSE)
- Develop logistics plan and to improve the business performance in terms of efficiency, profitability, management, structure and strategy.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to improve the overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and streamlined logistics system that operates in accordance with ESO Logistics procedures. Contribute to the supply chain efficiency by providing technical support to other departments, particularly for shipping of goods and cargo movements.
- Develop, review and monitor the implementation of the health, safety, social and environmental (HSSE) management plans for regional programmes in line with UNOPS policies and act as HSSE focal point as required. Raise awareness on health and safety issues among project staff, contractors and other stakeholders. Ensure inspections are carried out in line with agreed plans and support progress against HSSE objectives and targets. Lead on all reporting requirements including on incident reports and investigations. Carries out analysis on incidents for identifying improvement plans and strategies
- Coordinate with partners, project teams, suppliers and transport companies to ensure a complete supply chain process.
Assets management and warehousing
- Manage the existing asset management and accounting system for all UNOPS managed equipment and properties in accordance with UNOPS asset management policy and UNOPS PSC Asset Management SOP.
- Ensure databases of assets and inventory are up to date on the quantity, quality, serviceability, and location of relevant equipment/items.
- Ensure that each project team prepares/maintains and updates on the project inventory list as well as certifies the physical check/working conditions of all project equipment. Support projects with project assets disposals as required both administratively and physically
- Maintains and manages receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations. Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times and efficiency. Plan and oversee the movement of cargo in and out the warehouse to the regional programmes.
- Ensure that the office premises are maintained and necessary repairs and maintenance are carried out in a timely and safely manner.
Transport and Fleet Management
- Manage the office vehicles and transportation service to ensure punctual transportation service is provided to the staff, UNOPS visitors and high officials on mission.
- Conduct analysis and identify improvements of fleet management to ensure optimal utilization, availability, fuel consumption and maintenance.
- Performs any other duties as and when assigned by the supervisor.
- Develop and organize training for logistics personnel on proper management and record keeping in the areas of warehouse management, logistics, fleet management, facility management and health and safety.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in logistics; assets management and health and safety
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and focus on the capacity building of the regional logistics teams and HSSE focal points.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) Supply Chain Management Specialist (SCMS) job opportunity should hold an advanced Degree (Master degree or equivalent) with five years of relevant experience OR a First University degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent) with seven years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in supply chain management, logistics or asset management
- Experience in the usage of Inventory Database/Software or ERP is desired
- Experience in Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Management including Health and Safety risk assessments, inspections and incident investigation is desired
- Language: Fluency in English (Reading, Writing and Speaking) is required. Knowledge of French is desired
How to Apply: If interested in joining the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) in the aforementioned capacity, please click on link below to visit website and create profile or express interest if you already have a profile on the UN system. Click Here
Deadline: 25th April 2021